-eWhenever I speak to a prospective client about what story they are wanting to tell they always say, “I don’t really have a story.”
But that’s not true. They just haven’t worked it out what their story will include yet.
Personal branding is not just all about telling your business story.
Prospective clients do want to know who you are and how you work but they also want to know about you as a person.
So things to consider telling in your story are:-
- What are your hobbies? Eg play tennis, keep fit
- What are your daily rituals? eg photos of you walking your dog
- Have kids? Do you want them included in your story? eg show you doing homework with them
- Like socialising? eg show you having coffee with friends
- Do you like reading? eg show yourself curled up on couch reading a book.
As you can see everyone has stories to tell and by telling yours, your prospective clients will really feel like they know you, helping to build trust – and without trust, no-one will do business with you.
And by building trust you will be the first name these clients will think of when they are looking for your services.
What’s not to like?
Want help with deciding on what stories you’re going to share? Click here and let’s chat